We are a publishing company on a mission to make complex decisions easy.
Purch owns a portfolio of technology, science and entertainment brands. More than one billion people visit our websites each year and we don’t take that for granted!
We are looking for a person who is both analytical and creative to make our content findable, understandable and actionable. A successful Content Strategist will use data and research to understand our existing (and potential) readers. He or she will grow our websites by conceiving story and product ideas, then turning those ideas into reality by working across teams (editorial, marketing, product, etc.) in both leading and supporting roles.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the creation of content that positions each of our brands as a destination, turning readers into members and returning customers.
- Measuring the impact of efforts and explaining why things succeed or fail (we must understand our successes so we can repeat them).
- Improving workflows and operations by optimizing processes or finding new solutions.
- Liaising between departments (sales, engineering, content, marketing, product, etc.), sharing data and ideas for the betterment of the company.
- Turning complex subjects into fun, inspirational and achievable stepping stones.
- Identifying trends (both seasonal and long-term) and leveraging them.
- Organizing content to make it universally accessible and useful (which may involve the site structure, taxonomy and navigation).
- Assessing the market potential, competitive footprint and commercial viability of subject matter.
- Optimizing content for search engines by suggesting descriptive-yet-compelling URLs, titles and descriptions.
We are looking for candidates with:
- 3-7 years of experience working with editorial teams
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
- Ability to lead and manage complex projects
- Willingness to regularly learn new software and tools
- An insatiable appetite for understanding "why" and "how"
- Confidence (but without cockiness)
- A passion for making the web a better place
- And last, but not least, a good head for business
Please don’t send a cover letter. Instead, fill out a copy of the research brief below: