Purch is a rapidly growing, constantly evolving digital content and services company that helps millions of people make smarter purchases. We bring together 350 employees from around the globe who share a commitment to serve our customers with integrity, collaborate to deliver better results, and shape the future of digital publishing. One of our owned and operated sites, Top Ten Reviews, has an exciting opportunity in our editorial department.
Top Ten Reviews seeks a skilled writer with strong analytical and critical thinking skills and specific knowledge of Windows PC and Apple OS X software, particularly computer utilities including but not limited to registry and system repair and cleaning applications, data backup and recovery applications, server backup, RAID recovery, file compression, disk imaging and driver updates. Qualified candidates will have excellent research skills and a proven capacity to write compelling content to aid readers in making complex buying decisions. We prefer the successful candidate to be located in our Ogden, UT office, and financial assistance with relocation may be available.
- Conducting technical and market research on a wide range of products and services including PC and Mac utilities, data backup and recovery, file compression and sharing, RAID recovery and server backup as well as other related review sites.
- Helping to conceive and complete evaluations of such products for performance, compatibility, ease of use and other attributes.
- Writing authoritative, credible content that is approachable and engaging as well as professional and impeccably well researched for the above and related subject matter.
- Explaining the features of a product or service and how they benefit the consumer.
- Maintaining and updating site content to keep product reviews up-to-date.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience
- Preferred degree in technical writing, communications or journalism or a related field
- At least 1-3 years’ experience
- Ability to assimilate information from a wide variety of sources
- Strong organizational, analytical, research and writing skills
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Ability to manage data and organize work
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality content while managing multiple priorities and meeting aggressive deadlines
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Proficiency in primary software categories including industry knowledge, trends and hands-on experience with associated software, services, SaaS and related hardware.
- Aptitude for building effective working relationships and accomplishing tasks in a collaborative team environment
- Microsoft Office-basic formatting and organization in Excel and Word, understanding of Outlook and SharePoint
Please include a link to three online writing samples or attach writing samples