Purch is on a mission to make complex buying decisions easy. And with over 110M visits every month on sites such as Tom's Guide, Top Ten Reviews, Laptop Mag or Space.com, we are the largest technology and science media company in the US.
Purch is now seeking a social media strategist/producer to join our editorial team to provide social coverage for such brands as Space.com, Live Science, Toms Guide, Laptop, Newsarama and other brands.
This editorial position is located in our NYC office. The person we hire will support our editorial teams by finding new, creative and effective ways to promote our brands via social media including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, WeChat, Flipboard and whatever other networks we find effective.
This role will involve problem-solving and allow for creative solutions to our social media needs. The social media strategist/producer will be able to develop a work-flow process of his or her own that focuses on efficiency and quality and, most importantly, results.
- At least 2 years of on-the-job social media production and editorial experience, ideally working at a digital media brand that publishes multi-platform content and/or publishing.
- Must demonstrate, using metrics from your direct experience, a track record of success in leveraging social media to grow audiences and/or drive referrals from social media platforms back to the branded website.
- Must be fluent in, and have relevant experience and be able to demonstrate proficiency in, various forms of social media best practices – including text, video and photography - with evidence of your current use of social (personally or professionally) including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, WeChat, Flipboard, and other platforms
- Must be fluent in, and passionate about, leveraging user analytics data including Google Analytics, Parsely, and the analytics offered by such social media platforms to identify growth opportunities and risks/challenges.
- Must have direct experience, ideally deep expertise, in using paid “boosting” strategies and operational tactics, to drive social media success.
- Must have a journalism or editorial mindset and an eagerness to partner with writers, editors, and producers on a daily basis.
- Able to juggle multiple deadlines at once and prioritize tasks by communicating with internal clients and determining order of importance
- Comfortable using all social media scheduling dashboard tools and/or have the ability and willingness to learn new ones
- Should be "ahead of the curve" in terms of social trends, and understand how to capitalize on those trends in ways that make sense for our brands
- Must be able and willing to develop success metrics, track and report them, and find ways to adapt to continue improving results
- A journalism undergraduate degree and/or editorial experience writing, copy editing, or proofreading skills helpful
- Social media @ Purch sometimes starts early: If starting your work day early might be an issue for you – then please do not apply.
NOTE: In your cover letter please include links to your social media work/accounts
Salary: 50K -60k